Haider al-Abadi raises 16 points to resolve the crisis in Iraq
Haider al-Abadi raises 16 points to resolve the crisis in Iraq
Monday , 18 November 2019 at 10:52
Baghdad / Sky Press
Former Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi presented a road map to resolve the crisis in Iraq, including 16 points, including the dismissal of the government and its president, Adel Abdul Mahdi.
Abadi said: “ Based on our initiatives since the early days of the uprising of the people, especially the comprehensive initiatives on October 4 and November 27, 2019, we present a roadmap to resolve the crisis, and we consider any initiative that does not have time limits for the transformation is a procrastination and procrastination can not save Country or to meet people’s aspirations. ”
The leader of the “victory coalition”, published the road map through his page on the “Facebook”, and said: “From now until the end of 15/12/2019, and based on Article 61 of the Constitution, and at the request of the President of the Republic (or at the request of the government) Withdrawal of confidence in the current government. An interim government is formed with limited ministries and independent personalities, and an independent person is assigned to head it and none of its members is nominated. ”
– The Interim Government shall prepare for early elections not to exceed the ceiling of 2020. With the adoption of a new election law and a new and independent electoral commission with the involvement and supervision of the United Nations, and the holding of fair elections.
– Radical reform of the judiciary to achieve justice and prevent corruption and the formation of an independent criminal court to prosecute corruption from judges known for their impartiality and fairness, and draws on international expertise and the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq, the Court is committed to open all files and bring the spoilers to the courts by 2020.
– Freeze the work of the current provincial councils, and consider local governments as caretaker governments until the constitution is amended or new local elections are held.
– The interim government is committed to exercising its duties in a high patriotic manner, including caring for the interests of citizens, preserving the state entity, sovereignty, stability and neutrality in the face of regional and international crises, ensuring that Iraq is not involved in any regional or international axis, and practicing isolation and criminalization against any entity that violates Iraq’s neutrality and safeguards its national interests.
– The Interim Government is committed to neutralize political parties and entities from interfering with the work of the state in all its institutions, and to directly confine arms to the state and its legitimate institutions, and not to allow armed manifestations and militarization of cities.
– The newly elected government (the 2020 elections) is committed to establishing clear, fair and decisive mechanisms to unify the country’s sovereign manifestations and obligations with the region and governorates, including issues of wealth, border outlets and fee revenues.
– The new elected government is committed to setting binding paths and specific ceilings to make the required constitutional amendments.
– The new elected government is committed to taking swift and effective measures to secure services, alleviate the need, help young energies and crushed classes and create jobs for them.
– All parties and political forces are committed to contesting fair, fair and free elections, to form a national government based on the largest parliamentary bloc in accordance with the Constitution, and to provide an integrated government program with specific time limits to ensure the fulfillment of the responsibilities and functions of the government. The program is acceptable and implementable, subject to periodic evaluation, and adopting the principle of solidarity responsibility. In performance, audit, control, accounting and government evaluation.
The Government and all parties abide by the Constitution, the law and national sovereignty by exercising them, and undertake to reject, combat and criminalize terrorism, violence, takfir, sectarianism, corruption and organized crime, to prevent any weapon or military presence outside the rule of law, to limit the powers to establish security and protect citizens by state authorities, and to abide by civil and political rights and duties and the values of peaceful coexistence. The right to peaceful expression, to confront the manifestations of lawlessness, to promote and support security legally, institutionally and socially to protect the country and its people, to reject violence and to resort to arms in solving societal and political problems.
– All political forces abide by official commitments to liberate the state and its institutions from the system of quotas and adopt the criteria of competence and professionalism, integrity, career, specialization and equal opportunities in the selection of candidates for positions, and activate the law of the Federal Service Council, and the obligation of accountability and accountability and professional and legal evaluation of the performance of officials away from any kind of political protection. An equitable pay scale and a social justice investigator are adopted for all officials.
– The next elected government is committed, according to comprehensive plans, to modernize administrative and financial systems, move towards automation, move to e-government, adopt international standards to evaluate the performance of institutions, complete the advancement of the integrated market economy, and proceed with the establishment of the Al Ajyal Fund, the Sovereign Fund, and the National Development Plan 2018-2022 , Iraq Vision 2030, Poverty Reduction Strategy 2018-2022, Reducing Unemployment, Activating Social Safety Nets, and Accelerating Agricultural, Industrial, Commercial and Banking Economic Recovery, including Improving Services, Energy, Transport and Technology Information and communications, and the development of centers of administrative and professional skills of state institutions and beyond.
– The next elected government is committed, according to comprehensive plans, to empowering youth and women in the political, economic, educational and development sectors, ensuring the rights of women and the rights of children, juveniles and the elderly and legislative protection for them, and emphasizing the implementation of the objectives of the Law on the Care of Special Needs No. 38 of 2013.
– The next elected government is committed to adopting the policies and programs contained in the strategy of education, and commitment to reformulate the educational curricula in accordance with educational development and to ensure the consolidation of the culture of coexistence and civic values and the national identity, and pay attention to culture, media, arts, sports and civil work to build the state and promote its society and facilities.
– All political forces and governments are obliged to provide legislative and societal protection to all Iraqi minorities of their religious, national and sectarian diversity, and not to practice exclusion, marginalization or aggression against them, to ensure their compensation and return to their areas of residence, and to respect their privacy.
Since early October, there have been widespread protests calling for improved living conditions, fighting corruption, dismissing the government, dissolving parliament, and holding early elections.