Al-Kazemi’s government takes 9 new decisions
Al-Kazemi’s government takes 9 new decisions
Shafaq News/ During its weekly session, on Thursday, the Iraqi Council of Ministers took 9 new decisions, two of them related to the Corona pandemic and the health reality in the country.
Al-Kazemi’s office said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, that the Council of Ministers reviewed, during its session, the epidemiological report of the Corona pandemic, and the developments in the work of the Committee to Strengthen Government Measures in the areas of prevention and health awareness control; To limit the spread of the virus, and discuss the Ministry of Health’s health and preventive measures; To face the pandemic, and provide vaccines with high flow to citizens.
In the context of discussing the Corona pandemic, and the health reality in Iraq, the Council of Ministers agreed on the following:
1. Requiring all Iraqis traveling outside of Iraq to present the international certificate of vaccination with the Covid-19 vaccine, starting from November 1, 2021, in addition to the requirements of the countries to which they are traveling, with the exception of those who have special cases that prevent them from being vaccinated or injured during the previous three months (reinforced with medical reports from the relevant committees), and obligating them to bring a negative PCR test that proves that they do not have Covid-19 disease when traveling.
2. Approval of authorizing the Ministry of Health to contract with the US General Electric Company (GE); To establish integrated centers for diagnosing cancer diseases by computed tomography (PTC/CT), with a number of nineteen centers, two centers in the capital, Baghdad, and one in each governorate, with the exception of the provisions of Article (3) of the instructions for implementing government contracts No. (2 of 2014), and the financing of the project shall be From the US Export Agency (EXIM BANK), according to the technical specifications prepared by the Ministry of Health with the aforementioned company.
The Council of Ministers also discussed a number of other topics on the agenda, and issued the following decisions:
First, authorizing the Baghdad Municipality to negotiate the implementation of the automation project for the Baghdad Municipality (the Upgrading Program – Comprehensive Transformation of the Baghdad Municipality), with the exception of the contracting methods stipulated in the instructions for implementing the federal budget, and Cabinet Resolution (245 of 2019).
Second / Allocating the required plots of land from the Kadhimiya Holy Shrine for free, if the purpose of these lands is to expand the Holy Shrine, or to build and restore old religious schools, or to implement projects that serve the visitors.
Third / agree to the following:
1- Authorizing the Minister of Finance, Mr. Ali Haider Abdul Amir Allawi, to sign the following loan agreements with the relevant authorities:
A- Loan for financing the rehabilitation of the 400 kV Babel power station.
B- The Multiple Maintenance Project Loan (Phase Five, PUP5).
C- Loan for a project to develop and rehabilitate multiple secondary stations, and implement power transmission lines/the first phase.
D- A loan from the French Agency for Development (AFD) for the Khalidiya sewage project in Anbar Governorate.
E- A framework agreement and an agency agreement (financing in the form of deferred sales for the reconstruction project of the Technical Institute in Hawija).
F- A framework agreement and an agency agreement (financing in the form of deferred sales for a project to construct metal silos to store wheat in Maysan Governorate).
g- A loan for the Hilla sewage project.
H- The Chinese aid agreement, based on the provisions of Article 2/second/deficit/2 of the Federal General Budget Law for the fiscal year/2021.
2- Authorizing the Director General of the Public Debt Department at the Ministry of Finance to sign with the Japanese side the loans of the Basra Refinery Development Project – the third loan of the FCC catalytic cracking unit, based on the provisions of Article (2/Second/Deficit/2), of the General Budget Law Federal for fiscal year 2021.
3- Approval of the financing terms for loans confirmed in the books of the Ministry of Finance, numbered (5386, 5718, 5720, 5722, 5748, 5880, 5882, 5884, 5886, and 5888) dated September 5, September 15, September 16, and 21 September 2021), in addition to the Basra Water Project.
Fourth / Amending Cabinet Resolution (83 of 2020) as follows:
The Ministry of Finance transferred an amount of (50,000,000) dinars, only fifty billion dinars, from the ministries to the Dhi Qar Governorate / Dhi Qar Governorate Reconstruction Fund, based on the provisions of Article (4 / First) of the Federal General Budget Law for the fiscal year / 2021.
Fifth / authorizing the Media and Communications Commission to have the authority to settle and clear debts owed by all media institutions, in return for advertising services for the benefit of the Iraqi state institutions in the educational, educational, health, energy rationalization, support for security institutions, investment, and other other vital sectors, According to clear controls and instructions set by the Federal Ministry of Finance with the Media and Communications Commission, provided that this settlement is effective until the fiscal year 2021.
1. Approval of the minutes of flood and rain damage in the governorates of Maysan, Basra, Muthanna, Diyala, Anbar, and Wasit, which are linked to the letter of the Ministry of Agriculture No. (20945 dated August 18, 2021), provided that the sub-committees in the aforementioned governorates bear the validity of the information proven in Minutes and lists of damages within the 2022 budget.
2. Approval of the minutes of the committee investigating the records of damages in the governorate of Maysan prepared in 2019, which is linked to the letter of the Ministry of Agriculture No. (21588 dated August 25, 2021), provided that the damage audit committees formed in the aforementioned governorate bear the validity of the information proven in the records and lists of damages within Budget 2021 and Abu Ghraib.
– Approval of authorizing the Minister of Finance to sign the World Bank loan agreement to finance the purchase of COVID-19 vaccines and supplies, according to the following conditions:
1- The amount of the loan is (98,000,000) dollars, only ninety-eight million dollars.
2- The loan term is 12 years, including 4 years grace period.
3- The interest rate is the reference rate of interest on the dollar plus a variable margin.
4- The down payment commission of (0.25%) is paid for one time.
5- A commitment commission of (0.25%) annually on the undrawn amounts of the loan, starting after 18 months from the date of approval of the loan by the World Bank.
– Approval of authorizing the Minister of Finance or whoever authorizes him to sign a grant agreement for the vaccination project against Covid-19, from the Trust Fund for the Reform, Recovery and Reconstruction of Iraq RF 13, for the benefit of the Ministry of Health in the amount of (2,000,000) dollars, only two million dollars, provided that the provisions of Article ( 1/First/Fourth) of the Federal General Budget Law.
– Approval of the financial conditions fixed in the Ministry of Finance letter No. (6040) dated September 28, 2021.