Political blocs: out of Chapter VII Event “last decade” .. Hawija and most influential
Political blocs: out of Chapter VII Event “last decade” .. Hawija and most influential
12.31.2013 (0:01 pm)
BAGHDAD / long-Presse
Promised major political blocs that Iraq would emerge from Chapter VII is the “Event last decade” because it had the dimensions of a political, economic, social and return full sovereignty to the country.
While believing that the events of Hawija “greatly affected” in the political arena through the year 2013, held that the adoption of the election law, and sit-ins, and the differences between Baghdad and Erbil are the most prominent of what happened during the year is nearing its end.
Law: out of Chapter VII Event “last decade”
The MP said the state law, Ihsan al-Awadi, said in an interview to the (long-Presse), said that “out of Iraq from Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, is the most prominent event in the last decade, especially after the departure of U.S. forces with him,” noting that “the dimensions of that was political The economic and social because it restored the full sovereignty of Iraq. ”
The UN Security Council has agreed, in (the 27 of June 2013), unanimously approved the decision to remove Iraq from Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, after more than two decades of sanctions imposed by the Council under this chapter, after the invasion of Saddam Hussein’s regime of Kuwait in August 1990.
Iraq: All Hawija most influential
The MP for the Iraqi List, Nabil Hrbo, in an interview to the (long-Presse), that “the events of Hawija was a major influence in the political affairs of Iraq,” noting that “the federal government did not punish the perpetrators of these events despite the seriousness.”
Saw Hawija (55 km southwest of Kirkuk), in (the 23 of April 2013), to break into a security force Square sit-in, killing and injuring at least 163 of the protesters and the loss and the arrest of hundreds of others, while announced the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, They attacked Square sit-in after he refused sitters to obey an order to leave the arena and exposed to fire from the protesters, and confirmed that it suffered three dead and nine wounded troops that carried out the operation to storm Square sit-in Hawija, confirmed that the operation killed 20 “terrorists” who were holed up in the yard sit and arresting 75 others, indicating that they had found 45 pieces of weapons and bombs and sharp machines inside the arena.
Kurdistan: sit-ins and disagreements Baghdad and Erbil is the most prominent
It saw the leader of the Kurdistan Alliance, Mahmoud Othman, said in an interview to the (long-Presse), that “the adoption of the election law, and sit-ins, and the differences between the Kurds and the federal government, are the most prominent of what happened in 2013 during the current.”
Osman added that “the current year has seen many moves to end the differences between the center and the region, but the subject of oil is still stuck and did not reach a final agreement on it.”
Analyst: Chapter VII and rapprochement with Ankara importantly
For his part, is confident al-Hashemi, head of the Iraqi group for Strategic Studies, said in an interview to the (long-Presse) that “Iraq would emerge from Chapter VII and the convergence of the Iraq-Turkey was the premier event in 2013,” noting that “this year has seen a series of internal conflicts” .
He said al-Hashemi, saying that “the main event in 2013 is out of Iraq from Chapter VII which indicates the success of the Iraqi diplomatic in this aspect, and the convergence of the Iraq-Turkey,” noting that “in 2013 were not the great achievements but these accomplishments important not initiate laws the task. ”
Hashemi pointed out that “the current year has witnessed a series of crises gripped Iraq, and we saw a group of political conflicts without any significant achievements or significant laws.”
It is noteworthy that the year 2013 which is nearing completion, it was an eventful mission and articulated that will throw a shadow over his political future, social and economic at the same time, it has witnessed the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII, and the resignation of a number of ministers, mostly belonging to the Iraqi list, and the District of political blocs to hearings the House of Representatives The minister, aggravating the dispute between the federal government and the Kurdistan region, before the thaw of the desire of both parties addressed according to the Constitution, as this year saw continued sit-ins in the Sunni-dominated provinces, and the adoption of the electoral law in 2014, and the budget for fiscal 2013, unanimously.
On the diplomatic front, 2013 saw the visit of the foreign ministers of a number of countries most notably the United States, Iran, Turkey, India, and the prime ministers of other countries.
The year also saw the curtain on Cisdl chapters in about 72 hours, several visits by the Prime Minister, included the United States and Iran, although it involves, in part, related to the personal goals by seeking to ensure a third term, according to some observers.
The political agenda for 2013
– In the January 26, announced that the Iraqi List, led by Iyad Allawi, to suspend its presence sessions of the Council of Representatives, to protest against the government’s policy and “suppression” of the demonstrators and their rights, stressing at the same time, they will attend the “exclusive” meetings to be allocated for “no confidence” for the prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, or discuss the demands of the demonstrators.
– On the fourth of February, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, agreed to assume the Minister of Planning, a subsidiary of his current political conduct of the Ministry of Finance, acting after placing minister behalf, Rafie al-Issawi, on compulsory leave for a month, adding that the approval comes in order the general interest of the country after the disruption of a number of projects due to the county-Issawi.
– On the seventh of March was approved by the Iraqi parliament, a majority budget bill for fiscal 2013, the current amount of 139 trillion dinars, province of Kurdistan Alliance bloc and the Iraqi List, after five times delayed due to disagreements.
– On the eighth of March, the Minister of Agriculture, Azzedine state, resigned from the government, noting that he will join the ranks of the opposition, to protest against the “killing of demonstrators killed by security forces,” in Mosul, becoming the Second Minister of the Iraqi List, which announces his resignation, after the Minister Finance Rafie al-Issawi.
– In the 19 of March, the Cabinet decided to postpone the provincial elections, in the provinces of Nineveh, Anbar, because of the turmoil in the provinces are, on the same day, criticized the cleric, Muqtada al-Sadr, the decision, saying it is an “exclusion” for the year.
– In the 19 of March and ministers boycotted the Sadrist cabinet meetings to protest against the policy of its president, Nouri al-Maliki, stressing that they will run the affairs of their ministries from within.
– At the 24 of March reached U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, to the capital, Baghdad, on an unannounced visit, the first since he took office, replacing Hillary Clinton, after hours of conducting meetings with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, has Kerry met, a group of political leaders, as well as Prime Minister al-Maliki.
– In the 26 of March and the Iraqi government signed an arms deal with Russia worth more than four billion dollars.
– On the twentieth of April began suffrage for provincial elections in 12 Iraqi provinces, and announced the Electoral Commission for elections in Iraq, that the turnout in the ballot was 50%, and Salahuddin province recorded the highest rate of 61%, while the registered capital of Baghdad on both sides Karkh and Rusafa, the lowest voter turnout of 33%.
– In the 23 of April 2013, stormed a security force picket yard Hawija.
– On the 29th of April arrived head of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq, Barzani, to Baghdad to discuss outstanding issues between the governments of the center and Erbil.
– In the first of May, the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, the presidency of the region and agreed to re-ministers and deputies of the Kurds to Baghdad, after the meeting held with the Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki in Baghdad.
– In the 26 of May arrived in the Syrian foreign minister, Walid Muallem, to Baghdad on an unannounced visit, during which he met Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, and a number of Iraqi officials, to discuss common issues between the two countries.
– The ninth of June the President of Iraq’s Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, to Baghdad and Erbil agreed to solve the problems in a “friendly and brotherly”, to be the Constitution is the authority to resolve outstanding issues after a visit by the head of the federal government to Erbil.
– In the June 11 United Nations announced the replacement for its representative in Iraq Martin Kobler, and decided to send it to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
– In the 19 June and arrived in the Indian foreign minister, Salman Khurshid, to Baghdad on an official visit lasting several days, is the first Indian official 23 years ago.
– In the June 27 UN Security Council voted unanimously to remove Iraq from Chapter VII.
– In the thirtieth of June, and the Kurdistan Parliament approved the extension of the mandate of the regional president, Massoud Barzani, to the verge of two years, and extend the work of the Parliament for five months, and amend the Constitution of the Kurdistan region during that period.
– On the fifth of August, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to retire from political life and the abolition of political circles associated with it, and not take part in any political work directly in the next stage.
– In the 21 of August arrived, leader of the Republican People’s Party, the Turkish opposition, Kamal Klkdar Ihsanoglu, to Baghdad at the invitation of the prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, to strengthen relations between the two countries.
– In the 22 of August the voice of the Iraqi Parliament, the draft law on ratification of the Convention on the organization of maritime navigation between Iraq and Kuwait in the Khawr Abd Allah.
– In the 31 of August, hundreds demonstrated in a number of governorates of Iraq to demand the abolition of pensions for MPs, while the security forces to confront them and prevent them from access to Firdos Square in Baghdad, as well as the arrest of several of them.
– On the third of September called for the United Nations Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), the Iraqi government to conduct a thorough, impartial and transparent without delay in the issue of “the killing of 52 members of the Organization for the creation of an Iranian opposition, and stressed the need to protect the camp’s residents and take them to a safe place.
– On the eighth of September arrived and the Iranian Foreign Minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, to Baghdad on an official visit, during which he met Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, and a number of Iraqi officials, to discuss common issues between the two countries.
– In the 19 of September and signed a three presidencies and political forces of the Iraqi President, on “document of honor” on the sidelines of the National Conference of social peace, which stipulates find solutions to the crisis experienced by the country.
– In the 21 th of September was the ballot for the parliamentary elections in the Kurdistan region.
– On the fifth of October, the demonstrations in the majority of Iraq’s provinces to demand the abolition of pensions for MPs.
– In the 21 of October arrived UN envoy and the Arab League to the Syrian crisis, Lakhdar Brahimi, to Baghdad for talks with the Iraqi government, a day after his meeting with the Secretary General of the Arab League, Nabil Elaraby, to prepare for the Geneva Conference 2.
– In the 23 of October announced Iraqi Ministry of Justice, for the completion of legal personal status Jaafari and eliminate legitimate Jaafari, and forwarded to the State Council.
– On the 29th of October began the prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, on an official visit to Washington, at the head of a ministerial delegation and parliamentary, lasted five days, counting some observers of the political, it involves an attempt to get Washington’s support for his third term.
– On the fourth of November the Iraqi Council of Representatives voted unanimously on the law of parliamentary elections to be held on the thirtieth of 2014 next.
– On the tenth of November arrived and the Turkish foreign minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, to Baghdad on an official visit, where he met with Iraqi Foreign Minister, and the Prime Minister, and the religious authority in Najaf, in the framework of the efforts of the two countries to normalize their relations.
– In the 12 of November announced the Basra Governorate Council, for the issuance of an arrest warrant against adherents Bashrkian two security working field Rumaila North, one Egyptian, and one Briton, for having to tear flags Husseinia and image of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (AS), after being severely beaten by citizens.
– In the 13 November announced that Baker Hughes, the U.S. oil services giant, stop all operations in Iraq, after the incident, local residents launched a protest in the Rumaila oil facility in Basra.
– In the 21 of November was ordered my book from the Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, to withdraw the hand of the President of the Sunni Endowment, Ahmed Abdul-Ghafoor Samarrai of the job for 60 days, and the appointment of the Deputy Chief of Staff, was elected chairman Mahmoud Sumaidaie Cabinet agency.
– In the 21 of November announced by the Secretary General of Hezbollah in Iraq, confident Battat, claimed responsibility for targeting the border area with Saudi Arabia, a number of mortar shells, stressing that such a strike “warning” as a result of the continuation of the Saudi regime in “approach sectarian and excommunicating” against Shiites.
– In the 22 of November announced the Council of Ministers, expressed its intention to reopen the Canadian Embassy in Iraq in February 2014 after the close of the next as long as 23 years.
– In the 26 of November arrived in the Turkish Parliament Speaker, beautiful Jijak, to Baghdad on an official visit.
– In the third of December, announced by Transparency International that Iraq among the five Arab countries occupied the first places for countries most corrupt in the world, and stressed that Somalia, Sudan and Libya, followed by Iraq and Syria are occupied the first rank according to the corruption index of the Organization for the year 2013.
– On the fourth of December arrived in the Iraqi prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, the Iranian capital, Tehran, on top of a high level delegation, on an official visit lasted two days, described by some observers of the political that it aims to obtain Iranian support for prime minister a third time. – In the 12th of December, announced by Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, announced the signing of a contract with the Korean Defense Ministry to buy 24 aircraft (T-50IQ), confirmed that the deal beginning to raise the performance of the defense and interior ministries in the defense of the country and the fight against “terrorism “.
– In the 13 December Sadrists announced the start of its elections primaries in preparation for the parliamentary elections in 2014.
– On the twentieth of December ladder Iraq, Kuwait, the United Nations Convention on the version of the common navigation in the Khawr Abd Allah, “and described Iraq agreement as” another step towards enhancing mutual relations between the two neighbors. ”
– In the 22 of December, the president of the Iraqi government, Matsama Anbar to withdraw from the protest tents to remain where al-Qaeda elements only.
– In the 22 of December showed a number of the organizers of the sit-Anbar in Ramadi and Fallujah, ready tribes and all people of the province, took up arms in defense of the sit-in squares in the event of “targeted” by the protesters, “al-Maliki and his army and the militia.”
– As at 23 December, it was announced by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced the launch of a military operation in the desert of Anbar to the chase “and Daash Qaeda.”
– On the 25th of December the withdrawal of the army and police in full, sit-in squares of gray and in fact that was imposed around the ring.
– On the 25th of December, Prime Minister of Jordan, Abdullah Eagles, to Baghdad on an official visit to discuss issues of common interest between the two countries, especially the oil pipeline to his country.
– On 28 December, the strength of the Iraqi army, the implementation of the first arrest of the deputy still enjoy parliamentary immunity, arrested when united MP Ahmed al-Alwani, at his home after a battle that killed a brother and an MP from the army.