CBI calls for the enactment of the hours to make up for work because of holidays
BAGHDAD – Agencies
Said Central Bank of Iraq, Wednesday, that the country needs to make up for the enactment of the working hours lost due to public holidays, between the unemployment rate announced by the Ministry of Planning of the 11% loss caused to the Iraqi GDP $ 15 billion annually.
The Iraqi government decided to disable always in the country for a week starting from 25th of this month for the very first of next April.
The government said that.. the decision to disable always came to reduce the pressure on the citizens because of traffic jams due to the application of security measures ready to Baghdad summit to be held in 29 of the month.
The deputy governor of Bank of the appearance of Mohammed, told the Kurdish news agency (Rn), “The productivity is measured by the number of working hours to provide services, the Ministry of Planning announced that the unemployment rate in Iraq is 11% and therefore this ratio caused a loss in gross domestic product valued at $ 15 billion a year.” He said the deputy governor of the bank that “in terms of labor force Government there 3.7 million government employees and the disabled always for ten days or occasions over the whole year cause significant economic losses, that were not codified and the Court of law,” but he also said, “but Iraq has its own circumstances.”
He added that “the staff of the Dutch Central Bank determines each employee time four days a week, but in return are compensated days off work extra hours during working days so that there is a negative impact of the failure on the economy of the country.” And that “Iraq needs to enact laws that organize holidays Official holidays and to compensate the extra hours of work.” According to the law of holidays approved by the Iraqi government, Iraqis are at 150 days of holidays per year, with more than 30% of these holidays are days on the occasion of festivals and religious occasions.
The Iraqi Council of Ministers may select a bill holidays in Iraq in February 2008, to cancel three holidays have existed in the era of the former Baathist regime, and set on October 3 to be a national day for Iraq, was approved on 15 August a public holiday, in addition to the installation failure holidays and religious events. The law grants the authority to holidays such as the provincial councils of Najaf and Karbala, and some areas with the sanctity of religious leaders such as Kadhimiya, Samarra, because the other holidays determined before and after the Iraqi public holidays, on the condition, but more than three days.
It should be noted that under the previous regime, Fridays only Weekends for departments and government institutions and schools, but the new Iraqi government approved on Saturdays official holiday as well as Fridays, except for the Ministries of Health, Education, Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Says that the Iraqi Ministry of Planning holidays in the country overwhelm the Iraqi economy, but there are priorities had to grant holidays.
He said ministry spokesman Abdul Zahra al-Hindawi’s (Rn) that “the development process are affected by holidays in the country but in Iraq there are the priorities of security of the citizen is the important thing.” He explained that “the holidays cause material loss to the country, but in the situation in Iraq by giving the holiday a week there will be morally profitable to hold the Arab summit.” In the opinion of experts in the Iraqi economy that the public holidays in the country does not greatly affect the economic returns of the State of Iraq as much impact on the economy of the Iraqi individual. The economist said Crescent miller’s (Rn), “The Iraqi economy yield economy depends on 93% on the export of oil and therefore the impact of holidays on the economy, Iraq had no effect, and posed the rest of the pieces of intervention Psonbh 7% of imports, economic and this is something very few.”
He explained that “the export of Iraqi oil official holidays will not be affected, but there is another effect on the income of the Iraqi people through the disruption of business owners of professions and trades and shops.”
He continued that “there is an increase over the past days in the market, particularly with regard to food and vegetables because of the security measures and the holiday.”