6-12-2012, IRAQI DINAR GURU GUESSES!!!
6-11-2012 SWFloridaGuy I don’t expect a RV overnight but I do believe that after the National Meeting, if we see announcements of permanent Ministers, Erbil power sharing and the Strategic Council, the CBI will move ahead with their economic reforms and we could see a higher exchange rate on the IQD.
6-11-2012 BellaGrits I will tell you I had some awesome phone calls today all day…things are looking very nice in the dinar world, as they have been for quite some time…I have all good news headed in my direction…so, we just sit back and let this little RV run it’s course.
6-11-2012 Med EVEN IF THEY DID NOT GET THE 163 DOES NOT MEAN IT IS DEAD. THEY WANT IT PUT TO A VOTE ANYWAYS AND A SECRET BALLOT. THE BLOCS WHO WANT MALIKI OUT ARE BRINGING THIS TO TALIBANI AND THEY WANT PARLIAMENT TO DECIDE, NOT HIM, ON WHETHER MALIKI STAYS OR NOT. THEY FEEL…THEY WILL GET THE VOTES ON A SECRET BALLOT. THEY FEEL THAT MALIKI WAS ABLE TO INTIMIDATE…AND THAT IF HE DOESNT KNOW WHO DID IT THEN THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY NEED NOW.
6-11-2012 SWFloridaGuy for some time the IMF and World Bank have instructed the CBI on how to correct abuses, implement policies, improve economic efficiency, and enter the next phase of their currency reform project. Although there are still many areas in need of improvement (as we saw listed at last year’s World Bank mtg with the IMF), Iraq has come a long way. At this point they may just be waiting for the opportune time and a stable political environment that will ensure the success of the project. Stability and inflation have always been key factors. Look for a date announced for the National Meeting and the outcome of the ones I previously mentioned.
6-12-12 Footforward The Dinar and the Dong are to go at the same time. It can happen at any time.
6-12-2012 BGG You just don’t get how bad off Maliki really is right now. There is consideration in his own party of either an attempted military take-over or having Maliki resign and someone from the Dawa internal party take-over. It’s really bad for him. It might have been easier if Maliki or Talibani or anyone would have stood up and done the right thing. If they don’t move on Maliki in the Parliament in the next 7-10 days I will be shocked!!
6-12-2012 FreewayBill The corrected extra rate accumulating for Dinar Holders for each day delayed is .085 not .85. My bad…085 per day was what I was told…sorry for the misunderstanding. From my understanding, there was a “penalty” put on to cover what this has costs all of the banks involved and countries involved while they have been made to stand ready and it costs them money and lots of it. I know for a fact that there will be a “country” rate which will be much higher than the coded rate which will be higher than the bank rate. The country code is increasing daily to pay some of these losses back to countries, who for their part have been ready and are suffering because of the delays. From what I understand, this penalty phase started a few weeks ago and continues.
6-11-2012 Newshound Guru Med WHEN SHABIBI ANNOUNCED HE WAS READY TO TURN THE REMOVAL OF THE ZERO’S FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE HE COULD HAVE DIVERTED THE PROBLEMS WITH SYRIA AND IRAN BUT HE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHO THEY AGREE TO DO TRADE WITH SO MALIKI HURT THE VALUE OF THE DINAR BY DOING SO. NOW I WANT TO SEE IF THE U.S. OR COMPANIES IN THE U.S. ARE GOING TO BE ALLOWED TO ACCEPT THE DINAR FOR PAYEMNT. ONCE THEY ARE ALLOWED, THIS IS THE DOOR TO THE RV FOR US